Liverpool have reportedly decided to ‘pass’ on the opportunity to sign three Premier League Civils who would all have been attainable this summer.
Liverpool passed on midfield trio
Jude Bellingham continues to be linked with a move to Anfield but won’t be Borussia Dortmund this summer, while reported target Aurelien Tchouameni is said to have opted for Real Madrid in favor of a more generous wage package.
There has been a clamor among some fans to see a new midfield signing before the end of the transfer window, but writing for The National NewsDavid Lynch claims the Reds have, in fact, rejected the chance to sign three particular Premier League mens.
Liverpool, however, are said to have no interest in short-term solutions and would rather wait for “game-changing” additions, a policy that has brought them great success in recent years.
3 things today: Mane spotted in Bayern shirt
Sadio Mané wearing a Bayern Munich top for the first time. ?? pic.twitter.com/n4v87x2nIp
— Football Daily (@footballdaily) June 21, 2022
- Conor Bradley has completed a loan move away from the club for the 2022/23 season, with the Northern Ireland right-back sealing a move to League One Bolton. Neco Williams could also be on his way out sooner rather than later, with GOAL‘s Neil Jones reporting Fullham are ready to step up their interest.
- UEFA are continuing to take aim at Liverpool supporters to cover up their incompetence around the organization of the Champions League final. Martin Kallen, CEO of UEFA Events, is claiming “there were serious security issues because of fans with fake tickets or without any ticket.” Total lies.
Latest Liverpool FC news
We are deeply saddened by the news of the passing of loyal supporter Rachel Ellis.
Our sincere condolences go out to her family and friends during this sad time. pic.twitter.com/9SjXZFyIKe
— Liverpool FC Women (@LiverpoolFCW) June 21, 2022
- Tributes are being paid to Rachel Ellis, the loyal Liverpool supporter who has sadly passed away. Rachel was a disabled supporter who was almost always present for men’s and women’s matches at Anfield, the academy and Prenton Park. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Latest Premier League chat
- Raheem Sterling wants his future sorted in the next fortnight, according to The Telegraphwith Chelsea said to be keen on making him their marquee signing of the summer.
- According to The Athletic, Southampton have agreed a fee in the region of £8m to sign VfL Bochum center-back Armel Bella-Kotchap. Doubtless we’ll be seeing him do the AXA lean in a few years, then!
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Mohamed Salah has posted some heartwarming images showing him and his family celebrating his 30th birthday on holiday. Is right, Mo.
The second round of group fixtures at the Under-19 European Championship get started today, with hosts Slovakia taking on Italy at 16.30pm and Romania facing France at 19.30pm (both BST).