Amid the mass shootings by Elon Musk, Kyle Bush shows how bleak the team’s future looked

There are two types of owners – those who support their employees, and those who can pull the rug out from under them at the first opportunity they get. He heard a lot about the second group recently as Twitter saw mass layoffs after Elon Musk took over. But Kyle Bush walks a different line, and he does so against all criticism.

Ads

The article continues below this ad

The team has been competing in the NASCAR Truck Series competition since its inception and has found a lot of success in it. Beginning in 2009, the team has won seven Truck Series Owner Championships, the first of those seven being in 2010 and the last in 2019.

Ads

The article continues below this ad

Kyle Bush was angry said earlier In 2017, “If the truck chain cap goes to zero, I’m done. If I’m there spending money but I’m not allowed to drive… why spend money to develop talent that will replace me one day?” The statement came in response to NASCAR’s 2018 participation guidelines that limited drivers with more than 5 years of NASCAR Cup Series experience to only 5 Truck Series races (and 7 Xfinity Series races).

However, this will not happen. KBM continues to work on the truck series. Amid the recent dip in results, there have been suggestions for Bush to shut down the process. but bush He said “That’s not me. That’s not what we did. That’s not what we’re going to be.” Kyle Busch wants to protect the 55 team members who depend on KBM for their careers and lives.

It’s a truly selfless and altruistic decision out of myth. Most wouldn’t think twice if they were bleeding dollars left, right and center but that’s not Bush and this isn’t KBM.

Kyle Bush makes a major turnaround to bring KBM back into contention

Kyle Busch Motorsports has been using Toyota services for a long time now. However, the Japanese manufacturer appears to be on its way out of the team garage.

Ads

The article continues below this ad

TALLADEGA, AL – OCTOBER 02: Kyle Busch, driver of the #18 Toyota M&M, walks on stage during driver introductions before the NASCAR YellaWood 500 Cup Series at Talladega Superspeedway on October 02, 2022 in Talladega, Alabama. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)

Kyle Busch Motorsports decided to switch to Chevrolet from the current Toyota cars of their two drivers, Chase Purdy and Jack Wood. Aside from the switch, the team has also announced a technical alliance with Rev Racing going forward which will include Nic Sanchez’s entry into the Truck Series.

On the decision, Bush He said “Obviously there will be a lot of change at KBM in 2023, but our goal as an organization remains the same which is to go out and win races and provide the young drivers in our squad with everything they need to reach their full potential. We have the right people in the right place to be able to make this happen. goals for our trucks.”

Ads

The article continues below this ad

Watch this story: NASCAR world in disbelief over Bubba Wallace-Kyle Larson race brawl amidst driver’s behavior

KBM is one of the most successful teams in the competition, driven by the most successful driver in truck series history. Their decisions are sure to put them back in the title challenge position. Next season should be great for them.